Sunday, 16 December 2012

WellNails The North Pole is a real place - The rest of 2012 challenge

The snow is falling, the wind is cold and I have been eating way to much chocolate - this can only mean one thing: winter is here! The challenge this time, is Winter Wonderland!

...and yes, I do know that I was supposed to post this before december 12th, but my christmas calender candle is only at the 10th so it totally counts!


I wanted to get that icy blue wintery feeling, so I started out with OPI What's With The Catitude? from the Shrek collection. This polish is SUCH a diva - so beautiful and yet so utterly impossible to work with. Sigh. This is 3 coats.


To light up the darkness I have this wonderful glow in the dark polish from WellNails called The North Pole is a real place. And wow does it ever glow! This is what happened when I tried putting it away in a dark drawer with a few GitD friends:


It really does glow so much, the others just can't compete. In this very unscientific experiment it is shown with a GitD pumpkin, Ninja Polish Spooky Floam, Dollish Polish Spectral Pup and China Glaze Ghoulish Glow.



Lastly, I stamped a few silver snowflakes on top with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Silver Sweep.



I FINALLY GLOW IN THE DARK!





Go check out the lovely manicures from the other ladies in this challenge:

The challenge was created by the lovely Sonja from Sunday Manicures
Also participating is: Charlotte from Passion4Polish
Shiny Rainbow from Rainbowify Me
Anne Mette from AMNegle




You can buy WellNails here: WellNails shop

WellNails is created by the wonderfully creative Charlotte from Passion4Polish, and she also writes about her polishes here and you can follow any news from her on her Facebook.




6 comments:

  1. My Christmas calender candle has just reached the 8th, so I've decided to buy a thinner one next year! :D
    Pretty mani, btw, and totally worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so worth the effort! And I have officially gotten my candle more than halfway to christmas which is a new personal best!

      Delete
  2. I like the use of glow in the dark polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did i, till it glowed so bright it woke me up at night haha!

      Delete
  3. That is so cute and creative, I love the glow in the dark effect :)

    ReplyDelete